This tutorial truly reflects the implementation of available RESTful services as well as those serivces truly reflect current research in ontology transformation. Here we provide an overview of changes in an implementation and theory in time.
- The 1st version of RESTful services were launched on the 15-03-10 covering basics of transformation and few transformation patterns.
- Next version shortly follow in 04-10 upgrading naming aspect of transformation patterns and some bug fixes.
- Next main release was made on the 18-01-11 covering several important issues:
- support for new import scenario, see tutorial below
- newly based on OWL-API 3 and corresponding OPPL supporting OWL-API 3
- support for creating entities from different IRIs (i.e. different namespaces/prefixes), e.g. http://nb.vse.cz/~svabo/patomat/tp/tp_agentRoleV4a5.xml
- besides, transformation pattern language has been slightly updated (DOCTYPE added and namespaces introduced, xml schema added into parent element tp, introduced new element entity within entity_declarations, transformation links can be between entities not only between placeholders). Transformation patterns have been updated in our transformation pattern library, see owl.vse.cz:8080 web-page.
- Next main release was made on the 08-02-11 covering several important issues:
- It enables selection between different transformation strategies (directly inlfuenced 'Ontology Transformation service according to particular instructions'):
- conservative - neither axioms nor entities removing
- progressive (default one) - only axioms removing
- radical - both axioms and entities removing
- It deals with 'additional axioms' in simple variant, i.e. dropping the local restrictions together with the class, and the global restrictions refer to the immediate superclass.
- Further release was made on the 04-03-11 covering several next important issues:
- It enables selection between different radical variants of transformation strategies (the appropriate http://owl.vse.cz:8080/form3.html" has been updated). This reflects treatment of additional axioms as external axioms touching the pattern by reffering to one of its entities:
- radical-keep - entities are kept and additional axioms are annotated (annotation:remove_warning_by, annotation:remove_warning_for),
- radical-neutral - entities are replaced either equivalently (e.g. Author equivalentTo Person and (writes some Paper)) or similarly (domain/range example in the case of writes object property, see http://owl.vse.cz:8080/form3arv2.html) using TP in future,
- radical-remove - entities are removed and additional axioms are annotated but...
- Recursive Structures in patterns: some pattern can be applied in recursive way on its part, e.g. recursive taxonomies. Currently it is supported with additive instruction generation wrt. numerous pattern instances. TODO: recursive detection. This can be demonstrated on http://owl.vse.cz:8080/form2-recursive.html. Generated block of instructions can be applied via proper input in the form3 on http://nb.vse.cz/~svabo/patomat/ontology/confOf-recursive-imported.owl ontology enriched with PosterAuthor and PaperAuthor classes and AgentRole pattern imported.
- Syntax for instructions (remove entity and rename entity) has been unified. Instead of having rename instruction outside <entities> element, it has been put inside so as to have the following syntax: e.g. <entities><rename type="Class" original_name="Person">Person</rename></entities>.
- New Ontology Transformation 5 was released on the 10-05-13:
- New syntax within axioms - Frame-based Manchester syntax.
- Many bugs corrected - e.g. dealing with annotations.
- TODO: update of tutorial is necessary